miércoles, 14 de septiembre de 2016


Value Proposition Design: National Statistics Office in Peru


As an economist interested in social policy the Peruvian National Statistics Office webpage is a site I've used often since I was an undergrad back in Lima. It has provided resources of information used to calculate poverty rates, estimate demand in education, among many others tasks along my professional career. However, as a user that is constantly accessing the page I have noticed that there is steep learning curve into using this data. Only someone that has struggled several times to access it and knows which databases are available and differences between them can access it quickly. And so I chose this government service for my Value Proposition Design. 

Here is a snapshot of the introductory page to the data available. Once you navigate a little through the National Statistics Office website (INEI, in Spanish) it takes two clicks to arrive here. Notice, that there are two different tabs. One for documentation of the data and the other for the data itself. 



So here is how I thought the costumer profile would look like:

Customer Segment: Young economist working in development in Peru. 



And here is the Value Map:

As it can be expected: the needs of an Economist are very hard to please. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario